In this article, I’ll be putting the spotlight on the Aqua card, “Shipwreck.”
As of October 2021, this card has 60 base damage, 90 shields, and costs 1 energy. It also grants Attack+ to the user if their shield breaks.
You can check out all of Axie Infinity’s cards here:
How Is Shipwreck Used?
This card is used mainly by secondary tank Aquas and it’s a defensive option for tanky Axie classes. It can also be used by midline Aquas for more tankiness and utility.
This card prevents the user from instantly getting taken out by providing huge amounts of shields while giving a boost to their next attack.
What Kind of Axies/Teams Use Shipwreck?
Most of the Axies that use this card are midline tank/utility Aquas that are great to pair with a damage-dealer backline. Having an Axie that acts as a secondary tank and provides utility to the team can significantly increase your chances of winning.
Pros and Cons of the Shipwreck Card
- decent damage and great shields
- grants Attack+ to the user if their shield is broken
- has relatively low damage in comparison to other Aqua back cards
- effect will not activate if the user’s shields remain intact
Shipwreck Card Synergies
- Tail Slap
- being a secondary tank and utility Axie, having Tail Slap is an effective way of providing support to your team
- having a source of healing can help your Axie stay alive for longer
- Deep Sea Gore
- Deep Sea Gore is another high-shield Aqua card and pairing it with Shipwreck can increase your defenses
- Angry Lam
- Angry Lam’s effect requires the user’s HP to dip below 50% to activate and having extra shields could help the user survive even when in low health; the Attack+ could even drastically increase Angry Lam’s damage
- Hero’s Bane, Star Shuriken, Water Sphere, Crimson Water
- high-damage Aqua cards greatly benefit from Attack+
- Fish Hook, Cockadoodledoo
- you can potentially stack Attack+ from Shipwreck with these cards
You can check out these articles to view more on this card’s Axie body parts:
Axie Infinity ALL Body Parts List
Axie Infinity Back Body Parts List
Troubleshooting Performance & Technical Issues in Axie Infinity
Have you experienced issues and errors when playing Axie Infinity? Most of the time, a quick restart of the game
How to Make a Resume for Axie Infinity
You’ve probably seen quite a few of these resumes for Axie Infinity scattered across the internet. Forums, Facebook groups, and
How to Use a Hardware Wallet with Axie Infinity
So, you’re trying to up your crypto security huh? A wise choice! Dealing with cryptocurrency can be a tedious, albeit