In this article, I’ll be putting the spotlight on the Aqua card, “Fish Hook.”
As of November 2021, this card has 105 base damage, 20 shields, and costs 1 energy. It also grants the user Attack+ when attacking Dusk, Plant, or Reptile Axies.
You can check out all of Axie Infinity’s cards here:
How Is Fish Hook Used?
This card is useful in dealing with Dusks, Plants, and Reptiles, their natural counters. The added damage bonus of Fish Hook’s effect could possibly supplement the reduced damage Aquas deal towards the aforementioned classes.
What Kind of Axies/Teams Use Fish Hook?
Most of the Axies that use this card are Aquas in AAP (Aqua–Aqua–Plant) team compositions. Because that team is weak against the tankier classes, having the extra damage from Attack+ enables players to stand on equal ground.
It’s also a good strategy to put this card on both of your Aquas in order to maximize damage against tanks.
Pros and Cons of the Fish Hook Card
- high damage and decent shields
- grants the user Attack+
- effect only works against the classes mentioned
Fish Hook Card Synergies
- Scale Dart, Water Sphere, Star Shuriken, Hero’s Bane
- these cards have high base damage and could potentially deal more if paired with the Attack+ from Fish Hook
- provides additional shields and another stack of Attack+ if broken
- Tail Slap
- a great utility card to have on midline Aquas that have Fish Hook
- Upstream Swim, Swift Escape
- these are standard cards to have on a backline Aqua, pairing it with Risky Fish creates a relatively well-rounded Axie
You can check out these articles to view more on this card’s Axie body parts:
Troubleshooting Performance & Technical Issues in Axie Infinity
Have you experienced issues and errors when playing Axie Infinity? Most of the time, a quick restart of the game
How to Make a Resume for Axie Infinity
You’ve probably seen quite a few of these resumes for Axie Infinity scattered across the internet. Forums, Facebook groups, and
How to Use a Hardware Wallet with Axie Infinity
So, you’re trying to up your crypto security huh? A wise choice! Dealing with cryptocurrency can be a tedious, albeit