In this article, I’ll be putting the spotlight on the Aqua card, “Deep Sea Gore.”
As of October 2021, this card has 50 base damage, 80 shields, and costs 1 energy. It also grants the user 30% more shields after attacking.
You can check out all of Axie Infinity’s cards here:
How Is Deep Sea Gore Used?
Deep Sea Gore is one of the few defensive Aqua cards. It’s useful for making your Aqua tankier in order to survive harsh beatings.
This card is generally used to keep your Axie alive for longer and to catch opponents off-guard with the additional shield
What Kind of Axies/Teams Use Deep Sea Gore?
Most of the Axies that use this card are midline Aquas that specifically serve as secondary tanks. There are some tankier Axie classes that can use this card, but it’s generally not recommended if they already have tons of shielding.
Aqua Axies that have this card focus more on providing utility to the team, rather than damage. They’re usually built with Shipwreck and Tail Slap.
Pros and Cons of the Deep Sea Gore Card
- high shields
- shield increases after attacking
- relatively low damage when compared to other Aqua cards
- takes up a horn part, decreasing overall damage output (e.g. Star Shuriken, Hero’s Bane)
Deep Sea Gore Card Synergies
- provides additional shields and a bit of damage; also grants Attack+ if shields get broken
- Tail Slap
- great utility card; useful in building a utility-focused Aqua
- Angry Lam
- the card condition of Angry Lam could be supplemented by Deep Sea Gore’s shields and effect; even if the user has low HP, high shields could prevent them from getting taken out
- could be used in tandem with Deep Sea Gore for an experimental secondary Aqua tank
- Upstream Swim, Swift Escape
- these cards could be paired with Deep Sea Gore to create an Aqua that is tanky but viable in 1v1s
You can check out these articles to view more on this card’s Axie body parts:
Troubleshooting Performance & Technical Issues in Axie Infinity
Have you experienced issues and errors when playing Axie Infinity? Most of the time, a quick restart of the game
How to Make a Resume for Axie Infinity
You’ve probably seen quite a few of these resumes for Axie Infinity scattered across the internet. Forums, Facebook groups, and
How to Use a Hardware Wallet with Axie Infinity
So, you’re trying to up your crypto security huh? A wise choice! Dealing with cryptocurrency can be a tedious, albeit