In this article, I’ll be putting the spotlight on the Beast card, “Woodman Power.”
As of November 2021, this card has 80 base damage, provides 80 shields, and costs 1 energy. It also gives the user additional shields based on the damage this card deals against Plants.
You can check out all of Axie Infinity’s cards here:
How Is Woodman Power Used?
This card is mainly used as a defensive option for Beasts. It could even be used by frontline Axies in order to get more shields if the enemy tank is a Plant.
Its main purpose is to provide massive shields to the user and is especially effective against Plant Axies.
What Kind of Axies/Teams Use Woodman Power?
Most of the Axies that use this card are secondary tank or utility Beast Axies. They use Woodman Power to keep themselves alive for longer and delay the onslaught of enemy attacks.
Pros and Cons of the Woodman Power Card
- provides high shields
- gains more shields if used to attack Plants
- deals relatively low damage
- Beasts have low HP and could still be popped even with high shields against certain enemies
Woodman Power Card Synergies
- Piercing Sound
- a great utility card for tankier Beast Axies
- A high speed Aquatic body
- the Axie holding Woodman Power needs to be faster than most of the Axies in the battlefield, so that it attacks the enemy Plant first and gain shields; which is why an Aquatic tank Axie best fits Woodman Power.
- Carrot Hammer, Spicy Surprise
- good defensive tail options for frontline Axies; Carrot Hammer for energy gain, Spicy Surprise for locking down mouth cards and dishing out damage
- Sinister Strike, Nut Crack/Throw, Branch Charge, Sugar Rush, Rampant Howl, Hare Dagger
- high-damage Beast cards paired with Woodman Power creates a Beast Axie that can dish out huge damage along with high shields
You can check out these articles to view more on this card’s Axie body parts:
SLP Is Dropping: What Should I Do?!?
You know that sinking feeling you get when you look at the SLP chart lately? That lead weight at the
Card Spotlight: Anaesthetic Bait
In this article, I’ll be putting the spotlight on the Bug card, “Anesthetic Bait.” As of December 2021, this card
Card Spotlight: Triple Threat
In this article, I’ll be putting the spotlight on the Bird card, “Triple Threat.” As of December 2021, this card