In this article, I’ll be putting the spotlight on the Aqua card, “Tail Slap.”
As of October 2021, this card has 30 base damage, 0 shields, and does not cost energy. It generates one energy if it lands while comboed with another card.
You can check out all of Axie Infinity’s cards here:
How Is Tail Slap Used?
This card is used mainly to generate energy and set up massive combos. I mainly use it for the sudden burst of energy that catches opponents off-guard, setting me up for a huge combo the following round.
You can use it against Axies with Stun or Fear in order to get rid of the pesky debuff. It’s also a decent zero-cost damage card that could potentially make up for the damage penalty Aquas have against tanky classes.
What Kind of Axies/Teams Use Tail Slap?
Most of the Axies that use this card are Aqua Axies in Aqua-Aqua Plant (AAP) team compositions. Either Aqua could have Tail Slap, but it’s mostly common in midline Aquas
It’s recommended to only have one Axie with this card in a team because it causes imbalance and potentially loses out on the benefits other Aqua tails cards bring to the table (Upstream Swim).
Higher meta builds get creative with Tail Slap. They pair Ivory Chop with Tail Slap to gain energy and draw cards at the same time.
Pros and Cons of the Tail Slap Card
- generates 1 energy
- costs zero energy
- has low damage and gives no shields
- energy is only gained if the attack lands and is used in a combo
Tail Slap Card Synergies
- Swift Escape
- a standard card to have on a backline Aqua and possibly good on midlines as well, pairing it with Tail Slap creates a speedy utility Axie that could potentially keep the turn order in your favor
- Hero’s Bane, Star Shuriken, Crimson Water
- high-damage Aqua cards that can be used to take enemies down are great to have on a damage-dealer; having Tail Slap ensures that you have enough energy to keep dishing out huge damage
- Shipwreck, Shelter
- having Tail Slap alongside high-shield Aqua card can create a beefy utility Aqua that can help provide additional defense to your team
- Aquaponics, Aqua Vitality (Anemone Build)
- Tail Slap is useful for any kind of Anemone Build, because you can heal relentlessly
- Ivory Chop
- Having too much energy isn’t good, so Ivory Chop can help draw more cards
You can check out these articles to view more on this card’s Axie body parts:
Troubleshooting Performance & Technical Issues in Axie Infinity
Have you experienced issues and errors when playing Axie Infinity? Most of the time, a quick restart of the game
How to Make a Resume for Axie Infinity
You’ve probably seen quite a few of these resumes for Axie Infinity scattered across the internet. Forums, Facebook groups, and
How to Use a Hardware Wallet with Axie Infinity
So, you’re trying to up your crypto security huh? A wise choice! Dealing with cryptocurrency can be a tedious, albeit