In this article, I’ll be putting the spotlight on the Aqua card, “Swift Escape.”
As of October 2021, this card has 110 base damage, 20 shields, and costs 1 energy. It also grants the user a stack of Speed+ for 2 rounds when struck by an enemy attack.
You can check out all of Axie Infinity’s cards here:
How Is Swift Escape Used?
This card is used mainly to outspeed opponents and prevent the turn order from swinging to your opponent’s favor. I mainly use it to prevent Terminator Reptiles from slowing my Axie down.
You can use it to catch opponents off-guard by turning their attacks into Speed, making your Axie move up the turn ladder. You can also use it in 1v1 situations where the turn order could decide the outcome of the entire match.
What Kind of Axies/Teams Use Swift Escape?
Most of the Axies that use this card are Aqua Axies in Aqua-Aqua Plant (AAP) team compositions. Either Aqua could have Swift Escape, but it’s mostly common in backline damage dealers.
Both of my Aquas have it and I’ve found success with it. It all boils down to how good your timing is and what kinds of enemies you face.
Pros and Cons of the Swift Escape Card
- great damage
- grants Speed+ to the user for 2 rounds
- negates any Speed- debuff
- has low shields in comparison to other Aqua cards
- Speed+ is only granted when the user is hit by an attack
Swift Escape Card Synergies
- Upstream Swim
- a standard card to have on a backline Aqua, pairing it with Swift Escape creates a high-damage backline Aqua that can keep up with faster Axies
- Hero’s Bane, Star Shuriken, Crimson Water
- high-damage Aqua cards that can be used to take enemies down are great to have on a damage-dealer
- Tail Slap
- having a midline Aqua with Tail Slap and Swift Escape could help your team by providing energy while maintaining or swinging the turn order to your favor
- Fish Hook
- Attack+ is a good buff on Axies that can dish out high damage and it could help Aquas take down tanks easily
You can check out these articles to view more on this card’s Axie body parts:
Axie Infinity ALL Body Parts List
Axie Infinity Back Body Parts List
Troubleshooting Performance & Technical Issues in Axie Infinity
Have you experienced issues and errors when playing Axie Infinity? Most of the time, a quick restart of the game
How to Make a Resume for Axie Infinity
You’ve probably seen quite a few of these resumes for Axie Infinity scattered across the internet. Forums, Facebook groups, and
How to Use a Hardware Wallet with Axie Infinity
So, you’re trying to up your crypto security huh? A wise choice! Dealing with cryptocurrency can be a tedious, albeit