In this article, I’ll be putting the spotlight on the Aqua card, “Spinal Tap.”
As of October 2021, this card has 100 base damage, 20 shields, and costs 1 energy. It also prioritizes idle targets when comboed with 2 or more cards.
You can check out all of Axie Infinity’s cards here:
How Is Spinal Tap Used?
This card is used mainly by backdoor Axies in order to preemptively take out the enemies. Its effectiveness also depends on whether or not the target will play any cards, so having a great game sense is key to using this card effectively.
What Kind of Axies/Teams Use Spinal Tap?
Most of the Axies that use this card are Aqua Axies in Aqua-Aqua Plant (AAP) team compositions. Either Aqua could have Spinal Tap as long as they have other damage dealing cards.
It also works well in tandem with Shell Jab because both cards capitalize on enemies that didn’t play cards that round.
Pros and Cons of the Spinal Tap Card
- good damage with little shields
- can catch enemies off-guard and take out unsuspecting Axies
- has lower damage in comparison to other Aqua cards
- very dependent on cards and draws
- needs a lot of energy to pull off
- only effective against idle Axies
Spinal Tap Card Synergies
- Upstream Swim
- a standard card to have on a backline Aqua, pairing it with Spinal Tap creates a high-damage backdoor Aqua that can keep up with faster Axies
- Shell Jab
- both cards take advantage of Axies that are idle
- Angry Lam
- Angry Lam’s effect is good for quickly taking out enemies
- Hero’s Bane, Star Shuriken, Water Sphere, Crimson Water
- high-damage Aqua cards that can be used to burst idle Axies down
- Fish Hook
- Attack+ is a good buff on Axies that can prioritize targets
You can check out these articles to view more on this card’s Axie body parts:
SLP Is Dropping: What Should I Do?!?
You know that sinking feeling you get when you look at the SLP chart lately? That lead weight at the
Card Spotlight: Anaesthetic Bait
In this article, I’ll be putting the spotlight on the Bug card, “Anesthetic Bait.” As of December 2021, this card
Card Spotlight: Triple Threat
In this article, I’ll be putting the spotlight on the Bird card, “Triple Threat.” As of December 2021, this card