In this article, I’ll be putting the spotlight on the Bird card, “Smart Shot.”
As of December 2021, this card has 50 base damage, provides 10 shields, and costs 1 energy. It also skips the closest target if there are 2 to 3 Axies left.
You can check out all of Axie Infinity’s cards here:
How Is Smart Shot Used?
This card is used mainly to take out midline and backline Axies, as well as catch opponents off-guard with the target prioritization. It’s usually paired with other card to either instantly burst enemies down, or inflict debuffs.
It’s especially useful against Beasts, Mechs, and Bugs because of their natural disadvantage against Birds.
What Kind of Axies/Teams Use Smart Shot?
Most of the Axies that use this card are the Poison Axie lineups. Sometimes, you may find them in strange builds such as a high damage Bird or Mech with Smart Shot.
You can check out more about Poison Axie comps here:
Pros and Cons of the Smart Shot Card
- deals a good amount of damage
- targets the enemy Axie behind the closest target
- deals relatively low damage and gives low shields
- takes up a horn slot that could be used for high-damage Bird cards
Smart Shot Card Synergies
- Venom Spray, Barb Strike, Chomp
- staple cards of a Backdoor Poison Dusk/Reptile
- All-out Shot, Blackmail, Cool Breeze, Early Bird, Heart Break, Ill-omened, Insectivore, Patient Hunter, Peace Treaty, Puffy Smack, Risky Feather, Soothing Song
- high-damage Bird cards that when paired with Smart Shot creates a damage dealer backdoor Bird Axie
You can check out these articles to view more on this card’s Axie body parts:
SLP Is Dropping: What Should I Do?!?
You know that sinking feeling you get when you look at the SLP chart lately? That lead weight at the
Card Spotlight: Anaesthetic Bait
In this article, I’ll be putting the spotlight on the Bug card, “Anesthetic Bait.” As of December 2021, this card
Card Spotlight: Triple Threat
In this article, I’ll be putting the spotlight on the Bird card, “Triple Threat.” As of December 2021, this card