In this article, I’ll be putting the spotlight on the Beast card, “Sinister Strike.”
As of November 2021, this card has 130 base damage, provides 20 shields, and costs 1 energy. It also deals 200% damage if it strikes critically.
You can check out all of Axie Infinity’s cards here:
How Is Sinister Strike Used?
This card is used mainly to burst down tanky Axies, especially if it’s a critical hit. It deals massive damage and could easily take out enemies with relative ease.
It’s effective against Terminator Reptiles because of the Beast’s class advantage over them. You could also take out enemy tanks in the first round if you have two Sinister Strikes and another high-damage card.
What Kind of Axies/Teams Use Sinister Strike?
Most of the Axies that use this card are damage-dealer Beast Axies. I’ve also seen a few builds that put it on Aqua Axies to supplement their lack of damage against the tanks.
I use a Mech variant that pairs Hare Dagger, Heroic Reward, and Death Mark with Sinister Strike to deal tons of damage. I also use a backdoor Bird to take out Terminators and backline Reptiles.
Pros and Cons of the Sinister Strike Card
- deals massive damage and gives good shields
- deals drastically more damage if it critically strikes
- effect is only useful in Axies with high Morale or guaranteed crits
Sinister Strike Card Synergies
- Revenge Arrow, Single Combat, Nitro Leap, Nut Throw/Crack, Hare Dagger, Rampant Howl,
- high-damage Beast cards paired with Sinister Strike create a Beast Axie that deals insane amounts of damage
- Death Mark
- if the user can proc the effect of Death Mark with Sinister Strike, they could easily pop enemy Axies
- Fish Hook, Shipwreck
- Attack+ paired with Sinister Strike could potentially deal tons of damage when used against Dusks, Plants, and Reptiles
You can check out these articles to view more on this card’s Axie body parts:
SLP Is Dropping: What Should I Do?!?
You know that sinking feeling you get when you look at the SLP chart lately? That lead weight at the
Card Spotlight: Anaesthetic Bait
In this article, I’ll be putting the spotlight on the Bug card, “Anesthetic Bait.” As of December 2021, this card
Card Spotlight: Triple Threat
In this article, I’ll be putting the spotlight on the Bird card, “Triple Threat.” As of December 2021, this card