In this article, I’ll be putting the spotlight on the Aqua card, “Shelter.”
As of October 2021, this card deals no damage, but 115 shields and costs 1 energy. It also disables critical hits from landing on the user.
You can check out all of Axie Infinity’s cards here:
How Is Shelter Used?
This card is used mainly by secondary tank Aquas and a defensive option for tanky Axie classes. It can also be used to prevent enemy Axie from capitalizing off critical strikes.
Cards like Single Combat, Little Branch, and Sinister Strike which utilize critical strikes can be countered by using Shelter.
What Kind of Axies/Teams Use Shelter?
Most of the Axies that use this card are tank-build Aquas that focus on providing utility and defense to a team, as well as another shield option for tank classes.
It’s also a great addition to team compositions that are weak against high critical chance Axies.
Pros and Cons of the Shelter Card
- extremely high shields
- prevents critical strikes from landing on the user
- deals no damage
- provides the lowest shields among all the primary defensive option (October Treat and Slippery Shield)
Shelter Card Synergies
- Tail Slap
- being a secondary tank and utility Axie, having Tail Slap is an effective way of providing support to your team
- having a source of healing can help your Axie stay alive for longer
- Deep Sea Gore
- Deep Sea Gore is another high-shield Aqua card and pairing it with Shelter bolsters your defense even more
- Angry Lam
- Angry Lam’s effect requires the user’s HP to dip below 50% to activate and having tons of shield could help the user survive even when in low health
You can check out these articles to view more on this card’s Axie body parts:
SLP Is Dropping: What Should I Do?!?
You know that sinking feeling you get when you look at the SLP chart lately? That lead weight at the
Card Spotlight: Anaesthetic Bait
In this article, I’ll be putting the spotlight on the Bug card, “Anesthetic Bait.” As of December 2021, this card
Card Spotlight: Triple Threat
In this article, I’ll be putting the spotlight on the Bird card, “Triple Threat.” As of December 2021, this card