In this article, I’ll be putting the spotlight on the Bird card, “Insectivore.”
As of December 2021, this card has 110 base damage, provides 40 shields, and costs 1 energy. It also targets a Bug class Axie if the user’s HP is below 50%.
You can check out all of Axie Infinity’s cards here:
How Is Insectivore Used?
This card is used mainly to dish out damage and take out unsuspecting Bug Axies. It’s usually paired with other high-damage Bird cards to burst down targets.
It’s especially useful against Beasts, Mechs, and Bugs because of their natural disadvantage against Birds. Unfortunately, its effect is pretty niche, because Bugs are rarely put in the backline, nor do they need to be instantly taken down.
What Kind of Axies/Teams Use Insectivore?
Most of the Axies that use this card are damage-dealer Bird Axies. Players often pair it with other high-damage Bird cards to create a purely damage-oriented Axie
Unfortunately, Insectivore’s effect doesn’t really fit in with any specific team composition, but it could be useful in the current Bug meta.
Pros and Cons of the Insectivore Card
- deals high damage and provides great shields
- targets a Bug Axie on the enemy team
- effect isn’t really that good
Insectivore Card Synergies
- Bug Splat
- the damage bonus against Bugs is probably useful if played in tandem with Insectivore
- Air Force One, All-out Shot, Blackmail, Cool Breeze, Early Bird, Eggbomb, Feather Lunge, Headshot, Heart Break, Ill-omened, Patient Hunter, Puffy Smack, Risky Feather,
- high-damage Bird cards that when paired with Insectivore creates a damage dealer Bird Axie
You can check out these articles to view more on this card’s Axie body parts:
SLP Is Dropping: What Should I Do?!?
You know that sinking feeling you get when you look at the SLP chart lately? That lead weight at the
Card Spotlight: Anaesthetic Bait
In this article, I’ll be putting the spotlight on the Bug card, “Anesthetic Bait.” As of December 2021, this card
Card Spotlight: Triple Threat
In this article, I’ll be putting the spotlight on the Bird card, “Triple Threat.” As of December 2021, this card