In this article, I’ll be putting the spotlight on the Bird card, “Ill-omened.”
As of December 2021, this card has 110 base damage, provides 30 shields, and costs 1 energy. It also inflicts Jinx on the target for 2 rounds, preventing them from landing critical strikes.
You can check out all of Axie Infinity’s cards here:
How Is Ill-omened Used?
This card is used mainly to dish out massive amounts of damage. It’s also used to drastically prevent your opponent from critically striking.
It’s especially useful against Beasts, Mechs, and Bugs because of their natural disadvantage against Birds. It’s also great against teams with high Morale and guaranteed crits.
What Kind of Axies/Teams Use Ill-omened?
Most of the Axies that use this card are damage-dealer Bird Axies. Ill-omened deals a lot of damage, which makes it one of the top Bird cards in terms of offensive potential.
It’s also a great card for backdoor Birds because of its high base damage, but Eggbomb and Blackmail are still the best choices in my opinion.
Pros and Cons of the Ill-omened Card
- deals high damage and provides good shields
- inflicts Jinx on the target
- effect is only useful against high-Morale enemies and guaranteed critical strikes
Ill-omened Card Synergies
- Dark Swoop
- Dark Swoop is the standard backdoor card for Birds; pairing it with Ill-omened allows the user to gain access to the backline and dish out tons of damage
- Air Force One, All-out Shot, Cool Breeze, Early Bird, Eggbomb, Feather Lunge, Headshot, Heart Break, Insectivore, Peace Treaty, Puffy Smack, Risky Feather, Soothing Song
- high-damage Bird cards that when paired with Ill-omened creates a damage dealer Bird Axie
You can check out these articles to view more on this card’s Axie body parts:
SLP Is Dropping: What Should I Do?!?
You know that sinking feeling you get when you look at the SLP chart lately? That lead weight at the
Card Spotlight: Anaesthetic Bait
In this article, I’ll be putting the spotlight on the Bug card, “Anesthetic Bait.” As of December 2021, this card
Card Spotlight: Triple Threat
In this article, I’ll be putting the spotlight on the Bird card, “Triple Threat.” As of December 2021, this card