In this article, I’ll be putting the spotlight on the Beast card, “Gerbil Jump.”
As of November 2021, this card has 40 base damage, 20 shields, and costs 1 energy. It also lets the user skip the closest target if there are 2 or more enemies remaining
You can check out all of Axie Infinity’s cards here:
How Is Gerbil Jump Used?
This card is used mainly to assassinate backline Axies. Because it’s a Beast card, it deals additional damage against the tank classes, Plant, Reptile, and Dusk.
It’s main purpose is to give the user access to the enemy backline and wreak havoc on the Axie unfortunate enough to be on the receiving end
What Kind of Axies/Teams Use Gerbil Jump?
Most of the Axies that use this card are damage-dealer Beast Axies. They jump in the backline and take out unsuspecting enemies, bypassing the frontline.
There are also non-Beast Axies that use this card to have target prioritization.
Pros and Cons of the Gerbil Jump Card
- skips the closest enemy and targets backline Axies
- has low base damage
- Beasts don’t deal a lot of damage against the usual backline classes (Aqua, Bird)
Gerbil Jump Card Synergies
- Sinister Strike
- Sinister Strike’s effect synergizes well with the guaranteed crit of Lethal
- Barb Strike
- certain Axie teams use the Poison debuff to slowly take out the enemy; using Gerbil Jump in tandem with Barb Strike lets players apply Poison to Axies behind the frontline
- Revenge Arrow, Single Combat, Nitro Leap, Nut Crack, Acrobatic, Branch Charge, Sugar Rush
- high-damage Beast cards paired with Gerbil Jump creates a Beast Axie that can potentially take out backline Axies with tons of damage
You can check out these articles to view more on this card’s Axie body parts:
SLP Is Dropping: What Should I Do?!?
You know that sinking feeling you get when you look at the SLP chart lately? That lead weight at the
Card Spotlight: Anaesthetic Bait
In this article, I’ll be putting the spotlight on the Bug card, “Anesthetic Bait.” As of December 2021, this card
Card Spotlight: Triple Threat
In this article, I’ll be putting the spotlight on the Bird card, “Triple Threat.” As of December 2021, this card