In this article, I’ll be putting the spotlight on the Aqua card, “Flanking Smack.”
As of October 2021, this card has 100 base damage, 40 shields, and costs 1 energy. It also gains 20% more damage if the user is the first to attack.
You can check out all of Axie Infinity’s cards here:
How Is Flanking Smack Used?
This card is used by fast Aquas in order to burst their opponents. They’re also a good option for a tail card if you can’t find Upstream Swim or Tail Slap in terms of damage and shields.
Using this in tandem with cards like Acrobatic or Swift Escape can ensure that you can proc the effect most of the time.
What Kind of Axies/Teams Use Flanking Smack?
Most of the Axies that use this card are Aquas in AAP (Aqua–Aqua–Plant) team compositions. Flanking Smack isn’t that good if your Axies are slower and attack last, so making sure your fastest Axie has this is important.
Aquas that are pure or have minimal Bird parts (for the extra speed stats) ensure that this card will be used to its fullest potential.
Pros and Cons of the Flanking Smack Card
- high damage and decent shields
- gains 20% more damage if the user attacks first
- isn’t as good and consistent as other tail cards
- isn’t as useful if the user is slower or does not attack first
Flanking Smack Card Synergies
- Spinal Tap
- Using Spinal Tap with Flanking Smack against slower and idle opponents could lead to devastating results
- Scale Dart, Star Shuriken, Hero’s Bane, Crimson Water
- these cards have high base damage and if paired with an empowered Flanking Smack, could easily take out enemy Axies
- Swift Escape
- a standard card to have on a backline Aqua, having it on an Axie with Flanking Smack isn’t as great when compared to one with Upstream Swim, but it could still perform well
You can check out these articles to view more on this card’s Axie body parts:
SLP Is Dropping: What Should I Do?!?
You know that sinking feeling you get when you look at the SLP chart lately? That lead weight at the
Card Spotlight: Anaesthetic Bait
In this article, I’ll be putting the spotlight on the Bug card, “Anesthetic Bait.” As of December 2021, this card
Card Spotlight: Triple Threat
In this article, I’ll be putting the spotlight on the Bird card, “Triple Threat.” As of December 2021, this card