In this article, I’ll be putting the spotlight on the Aqua card, “Clam Slash.”
As of October 2021, this card has 110 base damage, 40 shields, and costs 1 energy. It also grants the user Attack+ if they attack a Beast, Bug, or Mech target.
You can check out all of Axie Infinity’s cards here:
How Is It Used?
Clam Slash is a high-damage Aquatic horn card. It’s mainly used for applying Attack+ on the user so its next attack deals 20% more damage.
It’s also a good substitute card if you don’t have Star Shuriken or Hero’s Bane in terms of damage. Other players also use this card defensively because of its high shields.
What Kind of Axies/Teams Use It?
Most of the Axies I encounter that use this card are Aquas, but it may be possible for other classes to use it, especially if they deal reduced damage to Beasts, Bugs, and Mechs.
Personally, I’d rather put it on an Aqua. Even though they don’t need the extra damage against the aforementioned classes (they already hold the class advantage), it’s still a pretty decent damage card. It also has decent shields that can come in handy in 1v1 situations.
Pros and Cons
- high damage and good shields
- can gain Attack+
- effect only works against certain classes
- Star Shuriken and Hero’s Bane deal slightly more damage
- Crimson Water, Scale Dart, and Water Sphere
- These cards have 120 base damage and could potentially deal more if paired with the Attack+ from Clam Slash
- Angry Lam
- Angry Lam’s effect could deal devastating damage if the user has Attack+
- Upstream Swim, Swift Escape
- These cards could be paired with Clam Slash and another high-damage mouth card to create a traditional Aqua build
- Fish Hook
- Having Risky Fish in your arsenal could help you get more Attack+ buffs and let you deal damage against stronger classes
You can check out these articles to view more on this card’s Axie body parts:
SLP Is Dropping: What Should I Do?!?
You know that sinking feeling you get when you look at the SLP chart lately? That lead weight at the
Card Spotlight: Anaesthetic Bait
In this article, I’ll be putting the spotlight on the Bug card, “Anesthetic Bait.” As of December 2021, this card
Card Spotlight: Triple Threat
In this article, I’ll be putting the spotlight on the Bird card, “Triple Threat.” As of December 2021, this card