In this article, I’ll be putting the spotlight on the Aqua card, “Shell Jab.”
As of October 2021, this card has 100 base damage, 50 shields, and costs 1 energy. It also deals 30% more damage if the user attacks an idle target.
You can check out all of Axie Infinity’s cards here:
How Is Shell Jab Used?
This card is used mainly by Aquas as a high-damage card, especially if they need the additional shields and conditional damage. Players use it to catch off-guard enemies with big damage and punish them for staying idle.
What Kind of Axies/Teams Use Shell Jab?
Most of the Axies that use this card are Aquas in AAP (Aqua-Aqua-Plant) team compositions. It’s a potentially high-damage horn card that can be used in taking out both squishy and tanky Axies.
Pairing it with Spinal Tap and other targeting moves can give players easier access to idle targets.
Pros and Cons of the Shell Jab Card
- potentially high damage and good shields
- deals more damage against idle targets
- effect is only useful against idle targets
- there are more consistent high-damage horn cards
Shell Jab Card Synergies
- Spinal Tap
- Spinal Tap prioritizes idle targets and if paired with Shell Jab, it automatically deals more damage
- Fish Hook, Shipwreck
- the Attack+ buff this card provides increases the damage of Shell Jab, especially if the effect procs
- Upstream Swim, Swift Escape
- A standard card to have on a backline damage dealer Aqua; pairing it with Scale Dart enables your Axie to dish out more damage and win duels
You can check out these articles to view more on this card’s Axie body parts:
SLP Is Dropping: What Should I Do?!?
You know that sinking feeling you get when you look at the SLP chart lately? That lead weight at the
Card Spotlight: Anaesthetic Bait
In this article, I’ll be putting the spotlight on the Bug card, “Anesthetic Bait.” As of December 2021, this card
Card Spotlight: Triple Threat
In this article, I’ll be putting the spotlight on the Bird card, “Triple Threat.” As of December 2021, this card