In this article, I’ll be putting the spotlight on the Beast card “Piercing Sound.”
As of November 2021, this card has 80 base damage, provides 40 shields, and costs 1 energy. It also destroys a point of energy from your opponent
You can check out all of Axie Infinity’s cards here:
How Is Piercing Sound Used?
This card is mainly used to prevent your opponent from stockpiling energy. It also deals pretty decent damage and can be used in combos to take out enemy Axies.
It could also be used to pressure your opponents into making moves they don’t want to, in fear of getting their energy destroyed.
What Kind of Axies/Teams Use Piercing Sound?
Most of the Axies that use this card are damage-dealer and utility Beasts. They use Piercing Sound to damage enemies, specifically tank Axies.
It could even be paired with Night Steal to further pressure or annoy your enemies with energy steal/destroy.
Pros and Cons of the Piercing Sound Card
- deals decent damage and provides good shields
- destroys a point of your enemy’s energy
- deals relatively low damage compared to other Beast cards
- not as effective against hyper aggressive enemies
Piercing Sound Card Synergies
- Ivory Stab, Luna Absorb, Night Steal
- these cards when paired with Piercing Sound creates an Axie that focuses more on utility
- this card could substitute a horn card to provide more outplay potential
- Sinister Strike, Rampant Howl, Nut Throw, Single Combat, Revenge Arrow, Branch Charge, Sugar Rush, Hare Dagger,
- high-damage Beast cards paired with Piercing Sound creates a damage-dealer Axie that can burst enemies with high-damage combos, while also pressuring with energy destroy
You can check out these articles to view more on this card’s Axie body parts:
SLP Is Dropping: What Should I Do?!?
You know that sinking feeling you get when you look at the SLP chart lately? That lead weight at the
Card Spotlight: Anaesthetic Bait
In this article, I’ll be putting the spotlight on the Bug card, “Anesthetic Bait.” As of December 2021, this card
Card Spotlight: Triple Threat
In this article, I’ll be putting the spotlight on the Bird card, “Triple Threat.” As of December 2021, this card