In this article, I’ll be putting the spotlight on the Bug card, “Blood Taste.”
As of December 2021, this card has 80 base damage, provides 40 shields, and costs 1 energy. It also heals the Axie user by the damage it inflicts to an enemy Axie.
You can check out all of Axie Infinity’s cards here:
How Is Blood Taste Used?
This card is used for Axie sustainability in combat. When a player chooses to keep their Axie alive for stalling and the like, they can heal back the damage using Blood Taste.
Blood Taste can also be used for poking damage, as the Axie that uses it may heal up while dealing semi-decent damage.
What Kind of Axies/Teams Use Blood Taste?
Axies that rely on prolonged duels use Blood Taste. A popular Axie type are the “Immortal Plants,” which use a healing/lifesteal mouth body part to beat enemies.
Sometimes, tanks may even use Blood Taste to keep the defenses up for longer.
Pros and Cons of the Blood Taste Card
- steals enemy HP (deals damage and heals based on damage
- decent shields for defense
- relatively low damage
- hard to pair with normal damage Axies
Blood Taste Card Synergies
- Slippery Shield, October Treat
- cards like these perform defensively with massive shields, which fits well with Blood Taste and compensates for its lack of shields
- Anesthetic Bait
- good for frontline Bug tanks that pairs well with Blood Taste’s ability
- Overgrow Keratin
- midline Axies that want sustainability may also want Overgrow Keratin with their Blood Taste to withstand huge combo damage
You can check out these articles to view more on this card’s Axie body parts:
SLP Is Dropping: What Should I Do?!?
You know that sinking feeling you get when you look at the SLP chart lately? That lead weight at the
Card Spotlight: Anaesthetic Bait
In this article, I’ll be putting the spotlight on the Bug card, “Anesthetic Bait.” As of December 2021, this card
Card Spotlight: Triple Threat
In this article, I’ll be putting the spotlight on the Bird card, “Triple Threat.” As of December 2021, this card