In this article, I’ll be putting the spotlight on the Aqua card, “Black Bubble.”
As of October 2021, this card has 110 base damage, 40 shields, and costs 1 energy. It also inflicts Jinx on the target for 2 rounds.
You can check out all of Axie Infinity’s cards here:
How Is Black Bubble Used?
Jinx is a debuff that prevents the target from critically striking. This debuff is especially effective against targets that have high Morale or guaranteed crits.
Using Black Bubble before the enemy attacks can possibly reduce their damage output. The Beast card Single Combat and the debuff Lethal from Death Mark are countered by Jinx.
What Kind of Axies/Teams Use Black Bubble?
I personally don’t see this in my MMR often, but when I do, it’s most likely to be in Aquas.
Unfortunately, this card isn’t as great as the other Aqua tail cards (Upstream Swim, Tail Slap) in terms of utility, especially because the debuff is only effective in certain situations.
This card would be extremely useful against teams that rely heavily on critical strikes.
Pros and Cons of the Black Bubble Card
- high damage and decent shields
- prevents the enemy from landing critical strikes
- effect is only effective in certain situations
- the user will have a hard time outmaneuvering faster Axies
Black Bubble Card Synergies
- Spinal Tap
- Black Bubble can be used alongside this card to take out unsuspecting Axies
- Swift Escape
- in the absence of Upstream Swim, this card could be a good substitute in order to gain stacks of Speed+, albeit much harder to use
- Much like Swift Escape, but the other way around. Instead of applying Speed+ to yourself, you slow down the enemy to secure Black Bubble‘s effect.
You can check out these articles to view more on this card’s Axie body parts:
SLP Is Dropping: What Should I Do?!?
You know that sinking feeling you get when you look at the SLP chart lately? That lead weight at the
Card Spotlight: Anaesthetic Bait
In this article, I’ll be putting the spotlight on the Bug card, “Anesthetic Bait.” As of December 2021, this card
Card Spotlight: Triple Threat
In this article, I’ll be putting the spotlight on the Bird card, “Triple Threat.” As of December 2021, this card