If you’ve ever wanted to get a Bird Axie but don’t know what cards to get, this tier list is for you.
I’ll be covering every Bird move, as well as how strong they are when compared to each other. I’ll also provide a bit of insight as to why they are strong or weak.
Take note that this tier list was made with certain parameters in mind. These cards were categorized based on their strength in low to moderate MMR (1000-2000+), pure Axies, and meta teams.
Cards in this tier are must-haves on a Bird, especially for damage dealers.
- All-out Shot is a high-damage zero-cost card that can be used to burst enemies down
- The health cost is offset by the raw damage
- Blackmail deals a ton of damage and removes debuffs
- A great damage card
- Used in transferring debuffs (usually Aroma)
- Soothing Song is an amazing offensive card that lets your Axie ignore shields
- Slipping past huge shields and directly attacking your opponent’s HP would be a piece of cake
Cards in this tier aren’t exactly the best, but they’re good substitutes.
- Eggbomb is a high-damage Bird card that can redirect attacks
- Useful for redirecting targets
- Has a great potential for outplaying your opponents
- Headshot disables horn cards and deals lots of damage
- Disabling horn cards are great for limiting your opponent’s damage and possible strategies
- Peace Treaty is a high-damage card that inflicts Attack-
- Attack- is good but can be removed by filler cards
- Soothing Song is the better mouth card
- Still good for reducing your opponent’s damage output
- Risky Feather has the highest base damage in the game
- Self-inflicts 2 stacks of Attack- (reduces the power of the next attack by 40%)
- Off-set by using low-damage/filler cards to remove the debuff
- Heart Break is a great damage card that inflicts Morale-
- Base damage is high but Morale- isn’t a great debuff
Cards in this tier aren’t necessarily bad, but they’re highly dependent on certain builds/teams.
- Ill-omened has good damage, decent shields, and inflicts Jinx
- Only good against high Morale Axies/guaranteed critical strikes
- Insectivore provides decent damage and shields
- Useful in certain situations
- Bugs are already disadvantaged against Birds
- Soothing Song and Peace Treaty are better damage options
- Cool Breeze dishes out high damage and inflicts Chill on the target
- Chill is only effective if the target has a high chance of entering Last Stand
- Early Bird has high base damage
- Deals more damage if the user attacks first
- Good damage but can be inconsistent when your Axie is slower
- All-out Shot and Risky Feather are better tail moves
- Dark Swoop/Smart Shot prioritize targets
- Useful for assassinating back row Axies
- Extremely dependent on card draws, combos, and energy
- Can fail to take out key targets
Cards in this tier are only good for specific situations or builds.
- Patient Hunter deals 130 damage
- targets Aquas if the user is below 50% HP (similar to Crimson Water)
- It’s only useful in very specific circumstances
- Air Force One is a high-damage Bird card and provides some shields
- Only gains the bonus damage when chained with another Axie that has Air Force One (running two Birds in a team isn’t great)
- Headshot deals more damage and has a better and more consistent effect
- Cockadoodledoo is a zero-cost card that applies Attack+
- Used in high MMR as a filler/buff card before using high-damage cards
- Not as effective when used by a Bird
- Puffy Smack deals relatively low damage but gives decent shields
- Skipping targets in Last Stand is only useful in specific situations
- A target that in Last Stand can be taken out by attacking with a few (1-2) cards
- Feather Lunge has decent damage but gives 50 shields
- Only useful when chained with another “Lunge” card
- Headshot is still more consistent
Cards in this tier aren’t good to have on a Bird.
- Balloon Pop is a zero-cost card that can apply fear to both the enemy and the user
- This card is risky
- There are better back parts
- Sunder Armor deals extremely low damage but gives high shields
- Shield increases by 20% for every debuff
- Birds serve as damage dealers (they don’t need shields)
- There are plenty of tail options that are better suited for the Bird’s playstyle
- Triple Threat is a zero-cost card that strikes twice if the user has any debuffs
- It has low damage (60 base damage if the user is debuffed)
- The user needs to be debuffed to activate its effect
- There are way better options for a back card
Did I miss anything? Do you think the list could be improved? Comment down below!
SLP Is Dropping: What Should I Do?!?
You know that sinking feeling you get when you look at the SLP chart lately? That lead weight at the
Card Spotlight: Anaesthetic Bait
In this article, I’ll be putting the spotlight on the Bug card, “Anesthetic Bait.” As of December 2021, this card
Card Spotlight: Triple Threat
In this article, I’ll be putting the spotlight on the Bird card, “Triple Threat.” As of December 2021, this card